Welcome to Wold Newton Parish Council Website.
We aim to keep you updated on details discussed at our meetings and any additional information about life in the parish.
Meetings are held in the Community Centre on Front Street and all residents of the parish are welcome to attend.
Next Parish Council Meeting
The next meeting will take place on Monday 23rd July at 7:30pm in the Community Centre.
* We have been advised by East Riding Council of road works that will be happening around our village from Monday 18th June, you should be receiving letters shortly.
* Thank you to those parishioners who attended the meeting on Monday and gave your support
* Want to know what's happening in your neighbourhood? My Community Alert is a new, free messaging system operated by Humberside Police, to help keep you updated about what is happening in your local area. Choose how you receive messages, by phone or email, how often you want to hear from us and about the issues that matter to you. To register, follow this link https://www.mycommunityalert.co.uk/
* YOUR FAVOURITE CYCLE ROUTE IN YORKSHIRE AND THE HUMBER COMPETITION - 1st prize £450, 2nd £250, 3rd £100, entries open 12th June-12th July, to enter please follow this link https://clicktrans.com/info/competition-cycling-route-in-yorkshire-and-the-humber
* We have been advised by East Riding Council that if any parishioners have any issues with potholes they should report the issue on their website:- http://www2.eastriding.gov.uk/environment/roads-streets-traffic-and-parking/roads-pavements-and-traffic/road-and-footpath-maintenance/
* Should you wish to be added to our mailing list, keeping you up-to-date with Agendas, Minutes and any additional Council news, please send us your email address via the 'contact us' link.
* I am pleased to advise that we have enough volunteers to start the ball rolling with installing a defibrillator in the village. We are delighted to have received funding from the British Heart Foundation and Lissett Community Wind Farm Fund so we have ordered the defibrillator and are looking to get it installed in the phone box in the summer. We will keep you informed with our progress.
It is not too late to volunteer so if you're interested please contact Nicola on tel. no. 470509 or email email@example.com for more details. Thank you.